Monday, March 8, 2010

The Prayer

I seriously think we need to put together a book of Eli's prayers to share with him later. They are highly inappropriate and hilarious. I guess the good thing is that he feels like he can tell God anything. Sunday was a rough day. Eli was quite emotional/tired after church - so as things deteriorated from his plan, the weeping and wailing got louder and louder. Eli usually likes to say "his food prayer" at meals, but I offered to say the prayer for lunch since Eli was crying. He obliged and then asked to pray as soon as I finished. It went something like this.

"Dear God,
I don't want to listen to my parents. I want to do things myself because I am a big boy. I don't want to eat this food. I am tired and I just want to go to bed.
Amen"

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ok Jana, I have laughed and laughed over this. AWESOME!! LOL!

Kelly said...

We should all be so honest in our prayers!