Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Model

The boys like pretty girls. Especially Isaac.  I am not sure how else to say it.  Even at this young age they recognize/appreciate physical beauty, and Isaac is very much the charmer.  I receive a health magazine for women and it has various articles about exercising, eating and living health, etc.  Every issues contains a story about some beautiful famous person and has pictures throughout of models whose weight and looks are, lets be honest, unattainable without surgery and a serious amount of airbrushing.  Well, the other day the boys were in my room while I was getting ready for work and they found one of my magazines. And the conversation goes:

Isaac: Oh wow, I am going to marry her. (looking at the model on the back cover of the magazine)
Me: Oh Isaac. Just because she has a pretty face doesn't mean she would be a good person to marry. She might not not be nice.
Isaac: It doesn't matter.
Me: Of course it matters.  You don't want to just marry someone because they have a pretty face, they need to be a good person that loves you. And for you (food allergy boy) they have to be able to cook.
Isaac: Oh I am sure she is a good person, look at her.
Me: Isaac a pretty face and smile doesn't mean a person is automatically nice.
Eli: Isaac you don't even know her name, you can't marry her.
Isaac (exasperated by this time): Her name is Elizabeth and I will marry her.

Oh Isaac...

No comments: