Sunday, July 13, 2008

Potty Training

From the beginning, potty training Eli has not gone well. In fact Isaac is more inclined to give you the two minute warning then Eli is. The first day we brought the “little” potty home Eli ran down the hallway squealing, with the squishy toilet seat on his head. I think he is a natural. This weekend Eli was standing in the kitchen, obviously pooping. So the conversation goes:
Mom: Are you pooping? (because two year olds are always honest)
Eli: No (quite agitated - I think he is starting to recognize how gross pooping in your pants really is)
John: Do you want to go use the big boy potty?
Eli: No, I don’t want to go to the potty, I want to stand here and look at you.
30 seconds later –
Eli: Ok dad, you can change my diaper now.

I think he is getting the hang of it.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Did he really say he wanted to just stand there and look at you?? He is his momma's boy!! I will enjpy reading your blog! Alyssa has a good way of getting people hooked!