Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mr. Manners

Eli is two in ever sense of the word. Active, highly emotional, and wanting to control everything. Our days have been filled with him laughing and jumping around one minute to crying like a banshee 15 seconds later. Tuesday was is first day of "school" in a big boy classroom. When I went to pick him up his teacher came over to me and said.....
"Your son has very good manners"
Evidently kids save their worst for the people who love them most. I laughed, thinking maybe she was joking, and realzing how I may be creating a self fullfilling prophecy I nodded and said - yes he is a great kid. Which he is - just every bit 2.
Case in point. Nothing about yesterday went as planned. I had a meeting at 2:00 PM - so I needed to be at the grocery at 9 - home by 10:30 - 11, lunch by noon, and down for a nap by one - so when pops arrived all was peacful and calm.
Instead Isaac woke up at 10:00 - first time ever, of course. And that was only because Eli was tired of playing by himself and said "I am going in" referring to Isaac's room. And the fun began. We made it home from the grocery at noon. Eli took Isaac's fruit snacks out of his hand, shoving all 8 of both of theirs in his mouth (16 total) - was then in time out, screaming the entire time. I always make Eli hug Isaac and say he is sorry - this day he added "I didn't mean too." Ahh - the blaming begins!
I leave for DC on Sunday - I am excited, but I kind of feel bad for John.... What a week it will be!

No comments: