Saturday, September 5, 2009

Two Minds are "Better" than One

So I have been pretty sick for the past two (going on three days). I have had strep for the first time in a long time and have been miserable. This morning I was trying to catch up on some zzz's. Luckily the kids slept in until 7:00 AM!!!! This is actually a feat - they have been waking up at 5:30 - 6:00. In fact both of them have been in "trouble" this week for wandering out of bed prior to us getting them out of their room. At 7:00 Eli went into Isaac's room and played toys for a good 20 minutes. Then they decided to pay John and I a visit in our room - "to check on us". I think they wanted to know if they would be in trouble for playing outside of their rooms. Eli said "Come on Isaac" and out they went. John and I got a little laugh out of it talking about what a blessing it was that they played so well together.
And then I heard it. Call it a 10th sense, but as a parent you know normal play noises and "out of the ordinary" noises and this was certainly an "out of the ordinary" noise. I wasn't sure what it was, but it sounded like glasses hitting and it was coming from the kitchen - I knew nothing good could come from any of the possible scenarios. So I jumped out of bed and ran into the kitchen (I wish I had the camera) - the refrigerator door wass open, the boys had a chair pulled up to the refrigerator, they were both standing on the chair, Eli had horseradish in his hand and was educating Isaac on cooking. I think I startled them, when I said "What are you two doing?" It turns out they were trying to pour a glass a milk. Luckily, they didn't make it that far in their plan or we would have had a real mess on our hands. Two and Three going on Eleven and Twelve. Oh My!

No comments: