Friday, April 8, 2011

If only....

I assume that all mothers walk that fine line of moving their kids towards self sufficiency and being a little flattered that they are so indispensable and relied on. When my kids are driving me nuts and wanting  something every 7 seconds of the day I try to remind myself that it won't be this way forever, and so I should cherish it, at least a little.  But last night... whew - I really just wanted some sleep.  We have had a great spring break - we have played a lot, accomplished some things around the house, had some friends over; it has been a really nice break. I was TIRED.  Unfortunately I paid the price all night for a bad judgement call.  When a movie says "for kids over 7" next time I am going to listen.  A scary fish man from Scooby Doo tormented us all night.  Eli woke me up a total of 9 times, so if I had been lucky enough to get 9 hours of sleep (ha ha ha) that is one interruption per hour. I would get all snuggled in my pillow and drift away to some far away land made of fine dark chocolate and I would feel a peck on my forehead - "Mom, I'm still scared."

I comforted myself with the thought that his lack of sleep might mean a late morning for him and at least I would be able to exercise uninterrupted. Yeah - so Mr. Bright Eye's was up and ready to go at 5:30 AM. If only I had the energy of a five year old.... I'm optimistically hoping for an early afternoon crash...

1 comment:

Tricia said...

He flicks you in the forehead? Huh . . . must be payback for your evil ways as a teenager! :-)

Your boys are hilarious!!