Friday, April 1, 2011

Sunbutter

Eli comes by it honestly, but he hates cold food.  He doesn't like sandwiches or deli meat - it just doesn't cut it for him.  I am the same way. I love food, I can't just choke something down.  I would rather be super hungry then eat something I'm not in the mood for. So our lunch options are slim for Eli.  He was a huge peanut butter fan prior to the "peanut butter might kill Isaac" discovery so that hasn't been a food option for 3 years.  And so it goes when you can't have something you want it so bad you can taste.  I have been dying for some peanut butter. So someone told me about sunbutter - made with sunflower seeds.  I was warned that it wasn't the same, but for someone who hasn't had peanut butter in three years it has to be better than nothing, right? We tore it up.  Our first jar is about gone two days later.  I am thinking about buying it in bulk.

1 comment:

Elizabeth, blogging for SunButter said...

Hi there,
Oh what great news. Since I blog for SunButter, I'm thrilled to hear your report! If you're so inclined, you can find where to get SunButter in 5 lb. pails on our website: http://bit.ly/9Pm79a Also there are recipes (although I admit my fav way is still by the spoonful). Let us know what you create. Take care.