Saturday, February 7, 2009

Toy Aisle

So, there is this secret mom code - don't take your kid to the toy aisle unless absolutely necessary. Kids have two weapons - they either won't want to leave the toy aisle, or they will want you to buy them a toy. And lets be honest - our kids have enough toys to run a pretty successful daycare for 30 kids, thanks to grandmas/grandpas/aunts/uncles. My secret - I think my kids have only seen a toy aisle once. We never go to that part of the store. If I need to buy a toy - I buy on amazon and act like the box is something super boring when it comes to the house.

Yesterday we had to visit the dreaded toy aisle. We had two pick out two toys for a family friend. We went to Meijer, I told the boys we were going to the grocery and to see the fishies - which the boys love. We started at the toy aisle. We walked through the entire toy aisle because we were buying for a girl and a boy. I was having a really hard time trying to decide what to buy. At first the boys were pointing out some of the toys they had and I thought "oh no they are going to want something." Finally Eli looked at me with boring disgust and said "Alright mom - when are we going to get to the food??" I think my kids are aliens, or something...

No comments: