Friday, July 3, 2009

Climbing the gate

I was running on the treadmill this AM. About 22 minutes in there were two little eyes peering at me from the hall. Enter expletive here. Eli scared the crap out of me. I jumped off the treadmill a bit mad, because him being in the basement meant that he had climbed over the child "safety" gate at the top of the stairs. I was giving him an earful about how dangerous it is to climb over the gate at the top of the stairs. He agreed that yes he had climbed over the gate, but that he needed me because he had pooped and peeped on the floor. That's right, despite going to the bathroom before I went down to the basement he let it all go in the floor of the bathroom. As if starting the day on the treadmill didn't stink enough, add poop on the floor and you have the start to a perfect day.

No comments: