Saturday, August 22, 2009

Top Ten

Here are my Top Ten favorite Eli sayings

10) Concerning a toy that has disappeared: "Oh, I bet dad broke it"

9) "What do I smell?" - (can pertain to a lot of situations)

8) "I need to check a web-site"

7) "That chicken looks like fish"
It's chicken
"Hum, I wanted fish"

6) When trying to stall - "See, look, I can't walk, my knees are bending"

5) "I want to watch Kung Fu Panda"
We don't have Kung Fu Panda
"I think we do"
No I'm pretty sure we don't
"Check Netflix"

4) I picked him up from school and wanted to know if he liked the roll-up I made him for lunch.
Did you have a good day at school?
"Yep"
Anything exciting?
"No, but I had a really crazy sandwich for lunch"

3) "Let's just rest for a second so I can get the busy out of me."

2) "I am not sure what just happened, but I think you need to change your pants."

1) "Wow, that made a big mess"

And my all time favorite:
Eli it is time to clean up the living room.
"How about I just sit here and watch you do it."

3 comments:

jennifer said...

nick and i just read this and we completely laughed out loud!!! oh how i love your boys!!! i really wish i could live in your house for just one day! i bet it is soooo much fun with them:)

jejic said...

It is so hard to keep a straight face when they spout off stuff like this. John and I just look at each other like "don't laugh, don't laugh" but sometimes we just can't help ourselves. They are so nutty!

jennifer said...

haha yeah... i'm really bad at encouraging kids because i just can't hold it in sometimes! it's just tooo funny.... i'm sure we will learn how to hold it in when it's our own though :)