Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tired

I am tired. I have been working on a grant for the past four days straight - it is due in tomorow at noon. I have been one huge ball of stress. Too much to do, not enough time. This grant seemed like the impossible task. It was a brand new application with a new focus and so we really had to start from scratch -to make matters worse we were given 4 weeks to prep the 80 page grant (usually we get 2-3 months minimum). I have been a basket case for the past week.
Last night we had been to a family picnic, and I received an e-mail that a big section of the grant needed to be re-written. I was aggrevated and stressed. I just wanted to enjoy a day off with the fam, and instead I was going to be on the computer until midnight, at least. We went home, showered the boys, and got them ready for bed. Eli wanted to snuggle - I did not. All I could think about was that 80 page paper that somehow had to get done in the next 24 hours. But something in me said "snuggle with him, these requests won't last for ever. " So I laid down with him on the floor on a pillow. He snuggled up to me and said, "Mom, your the best," then he jumped up and said, "night night time". It was a whole 30 seconds of snuggling. He was happy and I felt like a million bucks.

2 comments:

EGs' Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EGs' Mom said...

Were you able to submit it?