Thursday, September 18, 2008

In a year and a half....

When Eli was 6 months old we found out we were pregnant with Isaac. It was quite a shock. Our "spacious" Honda Accord and first home seemed at once like a matchbox. We were surprised of course, but also a little sad that neither child would get the one on one attention that any good parent would like to bestow on their children. But last night as they wrestled on the floor giggling and speaking this foreign language that only they understand I realized what a blessing having two so close will be. They honestly don't enjoy being awake without the other one and they will literally stand outside the other's door pecking on it until the sleeping brother wakes up. God knew.

On a more painful note - my feet have been bothering me for months. I would exercise for 45 minutes one day and be unable to walk for the next three. I always figured it was my feet's way of telling me that I need to loose weight and that they can't stand the extra pressure, but evidently I have something called plantar fasciitis - which according to Wilkipedia (the source of everything trustworthy) is caused by: weight gain, jobs that require a lot of walking on hard surfaces, shoes with little or no arch support, and inactivity. So I was right. The doc said I should stretch out my feet 6 times a day and that it should go away in about a month. To which John replied, "You did tell the doctor that you are so unlimber that you can't touch your toes, so it is going to take a year and a half for you to be able to touch your toes and then another month to be able to walk again." Funnily, I left that part out....

I am going to exercise, tomorrow.....

No comments: